Get ready to whip up some tail-wagging delights with Happy Doggy News’ “Bark-tastic Biscuits” recipe! These homemade dog treats are the paw-fect way to spoil your furry friend. With just a 15-minute prep time, you’ll have a batch of treats that’ll have your pup doing the happy dance.
CHRISTMAS COOKIE HAPPY DANCE!
- 1 cup of doggone delicious flour
- 1/2 cup of hearty oats
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter (the kind your pooch adores)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (for that touch of sweetness)
- 1 egg (the secret ingredient for wag-tastic results)
- 2 tablespoons of water (to bring it all together)
- Plain yogurt (for some “pup”pardy fun)
- Dried cranberries (to make it berry special)
HAVING A SNIFF AROUND THE PARLOUR!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (or 170°C for the doggos who prefer fans) – like a baking howliday! Line two trays with baking parchment for a non-stick experience.
- Mix the flour and oats in a bowl – these are the base of your tail-wagging creation. In a separate jug, whisk together the peanut butter, honey, egg, and water – that’s the wet stuff.
- Create a well in the flour and pour in the peanut butter mixture – time for a doggy dough dance! Use a palette knife to bring it all together into a stiff dough.
- Roll out your dough to a thickness of 4mm, like a pup-approved pancake. Cut out 30 rounds using a 5cm round cutter. Place these gems on your prepared baking sheets, with just enough space for their pup-tential to shine.
- Pop the cookies in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until they’re golden brown and beautiful. Let them cool on the trays for a bit, then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- It’s decoration time! Mix yogurt and honey in a bowl – time to make it look like a doggy Christmas pudding. Put the yogurt in a small piping bag (with a tiny snip at the end) and pipe a little on each cookie, just like the sauce on a pudding. Top it all off with a dried cranberry to make it festive.
- Keep your cookies in an airtight tin, and only decorate when it’s treat o’clock. That way, they stay woof-tastically fresh and crunchy for your furry foodie. Enjoy the smiles and tail wags! 🐾🐶🍪
‘CAN I HAVE ONE NOW MUM BEFORE I PUT THEM IN THE TIN?’