WHAT IS SAFE FOR YOUR DOG TO EAT OVER CHRISTMAS?

We have had many humans ask us what is O.K. for their doggies to have as a CHRISTMAS treat. We all know that whilst cooking, many pieces may fall on the kitchen floor – there will always be a pair of eyes on the lookout! Let’s have a look at which pieces you need to rescue before your own doggy does!

Please, please, please…. Lol

Providing your dog is healthy and is not allergic to the following foods, it’s safe to feed your dog a little bit of these foods at Christmas:

  • turkey meat (no skin or bones)
  • salmon (fillets or cooked in spring water are preferable to smoked salmon)
  • lamb meat (no bones)
  • green beans
  • Brussels sprouts
  • parsnips
  • carrot
  • peas
  • swede
  • mash potato (best without added butter)
  • new potatoes
  • sweet potatoes
GIVE IT A SECOND, YOU WILL LOVE THIS GIF!

Christmas is the time for eating, drinking and being merry, but lots of our favourite festive foods are toxic to our dogs and should be kept well out of paws reach:

  • chocolate – chocolate is toxic to dogs and even small amounts can cause serious illness. Find out what to do if you think your dog has eaten chocolate.
  • Christmas pudding and mince pies – grapes and dried vine fruits, including currants, sultanas and raisins, can cause severe kidney failure if eaten
  • onions (and garlic, leeks, shallots and chives) – these all belong to the allium species of plant and are poisonous to dogs whether cooked or uncooked. Avoid feeding foods that include these ingredients, such as gravy.
  • alcohol – alcohol has a similar effect in dogs as it does in their owners. Make sure your dog can’t help themselves to any unattended alcohol left lying around.
  • macadamia nuts – macadamia nuts can cause lethargy (tiredness), weakness in the back legs, increased body temperature, tremors and stiffness
  • leftovers – don’t be tempted to give your dog leftover Christmas food – they can include hidden ingredients toxic to dogs and mould in leftovers can make them ill
  • sweets – many of the sweets we eat over Christmas, such as candy canes, contain a sugar-free sweetener called xylitol, which is poisonous to dogs

PLEASE SHARE TO YOUR OWN FACEBOOK OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA. ONE SHARE COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE!

HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY AND DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY! IT IS TOTALLY FREE AND YOU WILL RECEIVE ALL OF OUR FABULOUS DOGGY STORIES, NEWS, COMPETITIONS, AND PHOTOS AS SOON AS THEY ARE PUBLISHED!

LOVE AND WOOFS

ALISON AND JET THE ADMIN CHIHUAHUA x

0 0 votes
Article Rating

Your Comments and kind thoughts !

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
%d bloggers like this: