KEEPING YOUR DOG SAFE IN STRONG WINDS!
Just a very quick post today!
However one of great importance!
As severe weather warnings are issued throughout the U.K. we have some simple but effective ways how to keep your doggy’s safe!
Heavy winds can be a hazard to pets, both directly and indirectly.
The number one indirect hazard to pets during heavy wind conditions is damage to fencing which allows frightened pets to escape.
Next up is the danger of blowing debris that can cause injury to outside pets. Finally, the mere force of a 40 mph gust of wind can carry a small pet for some distance.
Use the following tips to keep your pet safe during windy conditions.
- Check all fencing periodically. Check again right after a storm.
- Make sure your gates are locked.
- Bring your pet inside during the storm.
- If you let your pet outside keep a close eye on him at all times.
- Take your dog out on a leash to ensure he is safe and secure.
Love and Woofs!
Alison and JET (little admin Chihuahua who is definitely staying out of the gales today!
Please leave any comments below if you have any other tips how to keep safe – it will all help our readers!
Great advice thankyou from marilyn Griffiths xx
It’s the gaps in the fences to check for opened my eyes. Xx